So I quit my old job last Friday and start my new job next Monday and so all I really need to do this week is take care of my family, buy some new clothes and READ! So it was perfect timing really for the Once Upon a Readathon, which starts today and goes until July 10! I am really excited to dig into some books that have basically burned a hole in my TBR shelf at this point.
The Readathon is being hosted by Candace at Candace’s Book Blog, Angela & Loretta at Reading Angels and Lori at Pure Imagination. I’m just going to list off some of my goals and then head off to get reading!
1. I want to read at least 6 books during the challenge. This is about 2 books per day. If I want to read novellas or graphic novels, I have to read 2 of those to equal one book.
2. I want to finish at least 2 books that I have going at this moment. I think I’m in the middle of 5 things right now – Academ’s Fury by Jim Butcher, Monstrumologist by Rick Yancey, Six-Gun Snow White by Catherynne M. Valente, Wild Magic by Tamora Pierce and River Marked by Patricia Briggs. It’s getting ridiculous and I need to get through some of these!
3. I want to do at least one re-read. I really don’t re-read enough and there are books my heart has been longing for lately.
4. I want to read at least two novellas.
Part of the fun of a read-a-thon is also participating in some of the discussion topic mini-challenges and getting to know other participants! This one is hosted by Cover2Cover and she has three questions for us:
1. What book are you most excited to read in the coming year? I think I’ve covered this a bit with my Waiting on Wednesday posts, but I am still really salivating over the next Scott Lynch book, The Republic of Thieves!
2. Which book would you re-read if you had time? This is kind of related, but I’m hoping to do a re-read of the previous Scott Lynch books to prepare!
3. If you could meet any fictional character, who would it be and why? There are many, but I think I’d really get along with Mary Russell from the Laurie R. King Sherlock series. Plus, then I’d get to meet Sherlock as well!
So that’s it! I think all of those are do-able. I don’t think I’m going to set any specific book goals, because I know myself well enough to know that as soon as I choose a specific book, then that is the LAST book I am going to want to read! And also because we will have to see what, if anything, comes in from the library that I’ve been waiting on! I’m really excited to participate and can’t wait to get reading! And it’s not too late to join if you want a reading kick-start!