I love this idea of the 15-Day Challenge that April over at Good Books and Good Wine came up with. (Sidenote – I also love the name of her blog. And good books. And good wine.) I’m not 100% sure I’ll manage to do all 15 days, but I shall certainly do my best!
So today’s challenge is to come up with 15 book related confessions. This will be tough, but here goes!
1. I live less than 5 minutes away from my library, and I’m probably in there daily!
2. I have a rotating stock of about 10-15 books out from the library at any given time.
3. I am a super-fast reader (like 1 book per day when I have a few hours to devote to reading). I feel like I read every word, but I do sometimes have bad recall about books I’ve read.
4. Because of this, I rarely buy real books anymore, and I almost never buy a non-used book. This started back when I lived in New York and had barely any bookcases!
5. I do buy e-books from time to time, and usually have 1 going at any given time. This is so I can read in bed after my husband goes to sleep! Gotta maximize that reading time!
6. I very rarely do not finish a book. If I start it, I feel like I have to finish it. Sometimes, this will throw me into a reading rut, so I really need to get over this!
7. Even though I was an English major, I haven’t read very many of the British classics like Pride and Prejudice or Jane Eyre. What’s up with that?!
8. I joined GoodReads a few years ago basically to prove a friend of mine wrong who didn’t invite me to join at first because she claimed all I read were celebrity gossip magazines. I credit her (and my overwhelming desire to prove her wrong) for my reading resurgence as an adult.
9. I am really mad at myself when I go back to GoodReads to see whether I liked or didn’t like a particular book (see #3), and find that I didn’t even bother to write a few sentences about WHY I rated a book in a particular way. Come ON, Emily!
10. I don’t think I’ve ever read a contemporary YA novel that wasn’t by John Green. I need to get over myself on that one!
11. I look almost everything up on GoodReads before I read it, and if it has less than a 3.5 rating on there I generally don’t pick it up!
12. There are books that I will legitimately be heartbroken if my son doesn’t grow up to love. I basically already have his Harry Potter birthday party planned in my mind… And he’s 3…
13. I will never start a series anywhere but with the first book, even for series that don’t necessarily have to be read in order.
14. I feel guilty counting novellas or graphic novels toward my yearly reading goals.
15. I really have to like SOMEONE in a book in order for me to like a book at all. I cannot get behind books where just everyone is unlikeable.
Phew! Glad those are off my chest! How about you – got any book blogging confessions to share? Go link up with the party at Good Books and Good Wine – see you there!